We all enjoy our eggs for breakfast but have we thought of having it for dinner as a curry?
This is such an easy and a quick fix recipe that it can be made even when you come home tired from work and don’t have the time to do a big dinner.
You will simply love this curry and kids love it !
4 boiled eggs
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic. finely chopped
2” ginger, minced
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, pureed
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
2 cups boiled water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
fresh coriander leaves to garnish
How’s it made:
- Boil the eggs for 10-12 min and keep aside
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the finely chopped onions till dark golden brown
- Add ginger ,garlic, green chillies and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the pureed tomatoes
- Add the dry spices and stir, add a bit of water and mix.
- Cook the mixture till the oil is separated on the sides
- Add the eggs and mix gently.
- Now add the boiled water and let it simmer for 10-15 min on low heat
- Cook on high heat for another 5 minutes till water has evaporated and you are left with a thick gravy.
- Once reached the desired consistency, garnish with fresh coriander leaves
- Serve with hot roti or steamed rice, I served them with papad ( poppadums) for the extra crunch!