Chocolate ‘gooey’ brownies
Brownies, brownies.. ..brownies.. have been chanting that name for almost a week now and today was ‘the‘ day to put my plan to action.
These exquisite beauties are to die for, all you need is a nice cup of tea / coffee – take your pick and you are sorted!
Dense — Intense — Satisfying , now that’s my tagline .. what’s yours?
Here’s the recipe
- 225 g chocolate – broken into pieces
- 225 g butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and keep it over a saucepan of simmering water, ensure that base of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stir constantly until it is melted and smooth.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together for about 2-3 minutes until pale and light.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate and butter then add the vanilla extract and continue to whisk until thickened.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder and fold in gently.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 25 minutes until the top is firm and the brownies have come away slightly from the sides of the tin.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. When cooled cut into squares and dust with icing sugar !