Simple yet Scrumptious.. Potato diversified !
Potatoes , Aloo, Spuds as they are fondly known by each and everyone are also enjoyed even more ! They are the most versatile and can be prepared instantly in any given form !
Some like them boiled with a dollop of butter or roasted as a part of their Sunday lunch or simply enjoyed in the form of chips or french fries !
The origin of french fries was not in France as an Fyi!
I, personally like them with a bit of jeera ( cumin seeds ) and hing ( asafoetida ) along with moong daal ( yellow lentil curry – will post a recipe soon ) , accompanied by boiled rice or roti . For me, it is the ultimate comfort food and can be eaten any time !
2 Medium size potatoes, diced
2 tablespoons mustard oil / vegetable oil
salt to taste
1/4 tsp hing
2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Heat oil in a wok and add hing and cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add the potatoes , salt , red chilli powder and coriander powder and mix altogether.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 10-15 min, stirring occasionaly
- Increase the heat and fry for another 5 min
- Serve it hot with roti/pita bread and yogurt !